Hypnotherapy for Children and young adults

Hypnotherapy for Children

It is really interesting to know that kids are great at hypnosis. Of course, the child has to be able to understand what is being said to them, so very young children probably aren’t the best candidates for hypnotherapy.

Children already have a concept of what hypnosis is. Its everywhere in kids movies, entertainment shows and cartoons, and I don’t tend to tell them that its all misrepresented, because it removes the mystery and magic. And they need all the belief in the power of change to help them with whatever problem they have come to see me with.

Some kids have even asked me where my swinging pocket watch is, I don’t use one, but have actually thought of buying one just for hypnosis with children.

Kids and young adults will go into hypnosis very easily, even the less visual ones. We simply tell them what they will experience and they just seem to be able to do it really easily. Probably because they have less inhibitions and less clutter rattling around their minds, that we older folk tend to suffer with.

I see many children for hypnosis in my Warrington office. But I also see kids outside the Warrington area too from Manchester to Liverpool, and even as far as North Wales.


So what can hypnotherapy help with for your child?

Here is a brief list of the problems I have assisted with using hypnotherapy for children or young adults. There is no particular order to the list.

1. Trichotillomania (hair pulling, such as eyelashes, eyebrows or hair on head)

2. Enuresis (Nocturnal – Bedwetting)

3. Encopresis (Holding on to stools, creating blockages in the bowel)

4. Anxiety symptoms (worry about situations, such as school stress, bullying, family problems)

5. Test and exam problems (either taking one or learning for one)

6. Habits

7. Self Confidence

8. Ego strengthening

9. Sleeping problems

10. Separation anxiety

11. Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)


Hypnotherapy for children and young adults.

If the child is under 18 years of age then we recommend that the child is accompanied by a parent or guardian. There is something called the ‘Gillick Competence‘, which is the assessment of whether a child is competent enough to undergo treatment by themselves. Normally written consent must be provided by the parent or guardian. And is normally offered to young adults rather than children.


If your loved one is suffering with any of the above conditions, please just give me a call and we can have a chat about the best way forward.


64 Shackleton Close, Old Hall, Warrington, Cheshire, WA5 9QE



Image courtesy of Stockimages/freedigitalphotos.net